Friday 10 August 2018

W3 T3 Reflection Writing

This week for Literacy we have been working on Arguments and using topic sentences to start each paragraph. I also wrote a piece of descriptive writing. Me and Kaede did an argument about why we dont think animals should be in circuses. Here is my work.


Would you like to be trapped in a cage having to practice acts all day everyday. Well we know that we definitely wouldn't. 

We think that animals should not have to be abused for human entertainment. The animals are living a sad and lonely life and should be out there enjoying the world instead of being stuck inside and not being in there natural habitat. We`re going to tell you 3 reasons why we think animals should not be in circuses.

Would you like to be abused and carried around for your whole live? Well the animals that act in circuses are not treated very nicely. They have been taken from their homes to act in circuses for human entertainment. The circus instructors use whips, tight collars, muzzles and electric prods to make the animals do as they are told witch is an abusive way to control animals.

The animals are living a lonely and sad life, what if that was you? They are chained up and not feed properly and are forced to do things they don't want to do. They are not living a usual life and they will probably die earlier in life then other animals because of being overworked and always being exhausted.

What If you weren't with other humans and you were always with animals instead of people like you. Well these animals aren't in there natural habitat and are forced to live in cages instead. I think it's very unfair and wrong for people to treat animals this way.

Those 3 reasons right there are why we strongly think that animals should not be in circuses.

What do you think?

By Ella and Kaede



Wandering through the graveyard, it felt like something was watching me. I ran away from my village. I stopped because of the smell of burning. I looked blurry eyed around nothing was there except 2 headstones. Gale Ropper and Michael Ropper.

Staring at the headstones, my brain was spinning in circles as I was wondering how I know those names. I mean 2 headstones in a graveyard? I wonder why there is only 2? I got over the thought that I knew them, that is silly.

A shrill cry echoed in the misty air, my heart dropped, my eyes almost popped out of my head. Was that the person? Is there really someone watching me? I walked and I could hear footprints behind me. I pulled a knife out of my pocket and turned around sharply. No one was there...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ella
    You have created an air of suspense with your description. You have made me want to read more of your story. I like the use of rhetorical questions in your writing. You might just need to check that there are commas where you pause when you read your story. I would love to read more if you add to this story so I can find out who are the Ropper boys - Gale?? Did you get this name from Hunger Games?

    Thanks for sharing
    Miss Lagan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miss Lagan!
      I did get the name form the Hunger games becaise I didnt know a name so I just thought of movies that I have watched and then I thought of Gale. Ok I will go back and put commas where I need to!
      Thanks for your feedback!
      From Ella

      Delete
  2. Hi Ella Emily again from Grey Main School!
    I like this post because I was almost on the edge of my chair reading your story!
    Was it hard coming up with a story?
    This reminds me of a horror story.
    Next time you could put a WALT.
    Best of luck,
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.