Monday 24 September 2018

Kapa Haka Festival

On Thursday this week The Grey Main School Kapa Haka group will be performing at the Kapa Haka festival in Hokitika! 

We have been training very hard and Whaea Paula has been working on getting our transitions perfect before we go to the festival. So far we are looking pretty good. 

Whaea Katie has also been working very hard to get us all sorted, also on our uniforms. I have been to 4 festivals so far and this one will be my 5th. We will be competing against other schools in the grey district. There are a lot of trophies that you can win at the festival including Maanakitanga, Ki Ta Taki Tane, Ki Ta Taki Wahine and 1st 2nd and 3rd overall, also much more. 

Last year Grey Main got 2 Trophy's. I cant remember what they were but we done really well. 

I am exited and nervous about the festival!

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Ella. Ko Reagan toku ingoa!!

    I thoroughly enjoyed this post as it was very descriptive and very informative. I liked how you added in the specific names of the trophies.
    I can remember going to a Kapahaka fesitval a few years ago when it was held in Westport. I really enjoyed it so I hope you do too.
    Good luck!!!
    Maybe next time just check the spelling of excited!!
    Other than that congratulations on yet another great post!!

    Noho ora mai
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.