Friday 16 November 2018

Grey District Athletics

On Wednesday it was grey district athletics. I got in for everything except discus. When we first got there Mrs Clark gave us instructions about where we are going first. 

The year 8 girls went to shot put first. I threw 5.90m and I came 3rd. My first throw was the only throw that counted because the other 2 were no throws. After I had my 3 throws we waited until the hooter went and then we walked over to do the 60m Sprint. 

Waiting at the starting line nervously I heard "On your marks, Get set, BOOM. I sprint off. At the end I put of foot over the line in first place! So I came first in that race. 

Then We went to have a rest before discus. I didn't do discus. I watched Mackenzie do it. 

Then we went to high jump I jumped 1.30m high. I came first again! Then we went to long jump. I jumped 4.00m. Which was the longest jump. Then we had another break until finally Our last race the 100m sprint. I won again with a time of 14.03 seconds!

At the very end we had a relay where the 2 fastest girls and 2 fastest boys from each age group and from each school race 100m each around ANZAC park. We came 1st in the relay as well.

That was my day! I loved athletics and I cant wait for West Coast Next Wednesday! I got in for everything I done!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.